Pedalling Against The Wind

I thought I'd cycle into Brighton yesterday as the weather had cleared up in the afternoon and the sun came out. I also thought the wind had dropped. How wrong I was. I've cycled in on a few windy days and it's been hard work but bearable. However, yesterday, the wind was so strong that I was almost bought to a halt even cycling down hill. Trying to battle along the seafront was

I knew that with a wind this strong I wasn't going to make it into my meeting in time, so I abandoned my bike at Rottingdean and hopped on a bus, which despite taking a roundabout route, got me to my meeting only a few minutes late. I collected it on my way back and with the wind behind me it was a quicker ride back home. Even cycling back up the hill was easier.

Today is a whole different ball game. The wind and rain buffetting the windows woke me up at 5am. Fortunately I didn't have to go anywhere, so I was able to stay at home listening and watching the wind howling outside. Battering the fences - one of my panels has now disintegrated completely and a few more in neighbouring gardens have also collapsed under the constant gusts.

At least it's keeping the fencing companies busy for a few months more.

No comments: