What does your work and business mean to you?
- Do you enjoy the work/job that you do?
- How many hours do you spend at work – would you like to spend less?
- Do you work with people who respect and support you?
- What would you really like to doing if you weren’t doing your current job/business?
Do you live to work or work to live? As we spend approximately 50% of your waking hours at work – or possibly more if you work for yourself, you might as well enjoy it and make the most of the time you spend there, so that you actually get to spend more time on other areas of your life.
If you want to try something different, think about what it is you’d like to change. Do you need to change jobs or just your current position? Perhaps you can delegate the tasks you don’t enjoy or aren’t so good at to someone else, either within your team or think about employing someone else to do them.
What difference could you make to your work or business this week?
- Where could you make improvements to your business? Do you have the systems and resources in place to support you? Are you organised, are you enjoying what you’re doing? If you want to take your business up a gear – get yourself a mentor to motivate, support and challenge you.
- If you're looking for a new career then spend time thinking about what you want from your work. What do you value, need, want? What does work mean to you? How important is it in your life? What are you good at, what sort of work do you like to do? How could you create your perfect job?
- Sometimes living from day to day is fine but it helps if you have a plan in mind. Where do you want to be a year from now, three years from now? Set a goal “Next year, I want to be doing …..”.
How important is it in your life? Take a look at what’s working and what’s not and take steps towards making a difference.
Enjoy your work this week.