You print a load of leaflets, you send out a load of emails, you put an ad in your local paper or magazine, you list yourself in the yellow pages and then you wait for the phone to ring!
For some people this might work but how many of you have spent ££££'s on adverts and either don't know whether they really worked or wonder why you only got one or two calls?
How many of you have spent £££s on printing flyers getting them delivered and then only got a handful of responses.
Now, I'm no marketing expert and I've learnt and I'm still learning what works and what doesn't but there are some basics you need to establish before you waste a lot of time, effort and money.
- What's your business strategy - to make money - but how?
- Who are your ideal clients - the ones that need, want and can benefit from your services (and can afford them)?
- Where are they - how are you going to reach them?
- How are you going to tell them what you do and why they need you?
- And what do you do when you do find them?
Don't go for the scatter-gun approach hoping that if you try everything, something will hit the target. It can be expensive and a waste of your time and effort. Wouldn't it make more sense to have a more focused approach and target what works?
Spend some time getting the basics right before you waste any more time and money. If you need to get focused and start seeing results, give me a call today and book up a free Focus Session.