How I Use Twitter

People use Twitter in many different ways - I thought it might be useful to let you know how I use Twitter, so you know what to expect.

I primarily use Twitter to follow people in my network and to let people know what I'm up to. That doesn't always mean I'll be telling you when I'm off to make a cup of coffee or what I'm having for lunch. Yes, that does happen occasionally but I like to have brief conversations with people, to respond to other people's Tweets, to pass on information, to send out occasional time tips and to let you know when my latest newsletter is out, when I've got a teleclass or workshop on and when I get an article posted.

I'll try to be useful, informative and interesting and if you send me a message or ask me a question then I'll respond either publicly or privately and I'll happily point you in the right direction if I don't have the answer.

I do use Twitterfeed to feed posts from my blogs as it saves time reposting or duplicating material and I'm all for that.

If you follow me I will always check out your Twitter profile to find out more about you and what you do. So, it helps to have a bio on your profile, your full name and a website link, as I'll often click on those if I want to find out more. I'll probably send you a direct message, shortly after you start following me. I don't auto-DM, so if you get a message from me, I've sent it personally, even if it is a brief introductory message.

I don't auto-follow and I may or may not follow you back. It often depends on if I know you, if you know someone I know, what you do, what your interests are, how many followers you have and the type of tweets. Having thousands of followers or only having one way traffic in your tweets is unlikely to make me want to follow you. However, I have wide and varied interests, so I'll often follow someone unusual or a bit different or just for fun.

If you'd like to find out more then Follow Me and see what happens.

No comments: