What am I reading?

Back in May I picked up some more reading material from the book stall at my parents annual village fete, which I am slowly working my way through. I also picked up a huge quantity of coaching related books from a fellow coach, so I have enough to keep me going for the rest of the year - which is just as well as one of my goals this year is to increase my reading. I'm aiming to read at least one fiction and one non-fiction book every month.

One of the books I picked up is The Life of Pi by Yann Martel and it's a wonderful book - far better than Ian McEwan's Saturday which I was reading earlier. I started off the month by finishing Kate Mosse's Labyrinth which has been compared to the Da Vinci Code - better written but not quite such a page-turner. I took a long break from Labyrinth having started it earlier this year but finally finished it at the beginning of the month. It's one of those very thick books - good for a holiday.

The Life of Pi is absolutely readable and beautifully written and has some wonderful observations on life which I'm going to pull out and use as the basis for a future blog or maybe even an article. I'm off into the garden to take a break from work, have some lunch and read some more of it.

No comments: