While in the UK we may have won the vote and have equal rights in many walks of life, in many countries around the world, women are still the oppressed minority.
- Women do two-thirds of the world's work.
- Women and children represent 70% of the world's poor.
- They produce half of it's food but earn 10% of it's income
- They only own 1% of it's property.
- Globally only 24% hold senior management roles.
- Worldwide they only hold 19% of parliamentary seats.
- Only 7% of Heads of State are women.
- They account for two-thirds of the world's illiterate.
- 54% of girls don't receive primary education.
- 30% will experience physical or sexual abuse.
To support International Women's Day, as in previous years, I'll donate £1 to Kiva for everyone who downloads and returns the free Time Audit this month (quote IWD14).
Join Kiva today and support women around the world to help themselves.