A Bank Holiday Monday seems like a Sunday.
Tuesday back at work feels like a Monday.
Your normal weekly routine feels out of sync by a day.
To avoid this having an impact on your meetings and appointments in the week:
- Check out your diary the week before, so you know where you need to be and what you're doing on your first day back at work.
- Don't overload your first day back.
- Move appointments, if you need to, so you have space and time to catch up after a few days break.
- Refresh your memory by checking your calendar the night before. Frequent review, reinforces it in your own mind.
- Double check again the first morning and set reminders if you're likely to be in 'Monday' mode so that you don't miss an important meeting or call.
- Scan through your emails quickly to make sure you don't miss anything important. Either deal with them there and then - if they only require a couple of minutes, or flag them to work on later.
Remember you only have a four day work week, so don't try to cram too much in - you'll just lose the benefit of that day off ... if indeed you had a day off and didn't end up working.