Networking Tips #35 Keep your eyes and ears open

Ear

You never know when you might see or hear a piece of information that might prove useful or open up an opportunity for you or someone you know.

This is why it's important to get out there and talk to people and to keep your eyes open.  Not just in a formal business environment but wherever you happen to be.

While I've been out and about:
  • I've seen signs for businesses that I know will be useful to someone I know and passed them on.
  • I've walked past shops that are just the thing someone I know is looking for.
  • I've overheard a snippet of conversation and thought - I know the person that could help them or that would be a useful contact for ...
  • I've had a conversation with someone and thought - I know just who you need to talk to.

It's not just about what you can get from your network but how you can help and connect them with other people in your network.

Ear (Photo credit: Menage a Moi)

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: