It's that time of year when sentimental cards, red roses and boxes of chocolates abound. A romantic dinner for two has trebled in price and you can't move for couples expressing their undying love.
Whether you're in a relationship or whether you're on your own - take time out to look after yourself ... whatever the time of year.
Do something today to treat yourself - nurture your mind, body and soul even if no one else does.
- Indulge in your favourite cake with a cup of tea this afternoon.
- Go out for a walk and enjoy the Spring sunshine.
- Relax with a scented bath, candles and a glass of wine.
- Switch off the phone and curl up with your favourite book or DVD.
- Book up a massage or a favourite treat.
Even if you feel that this particular day is just another excuse for blatant commercialism and overpriced gifts, there's no reason not to give yourself a little love and indulgence.
The simple pleasures in life can make a big difference.