So how is your fun and social time?
- Do you spend your weekends catching up on chores?
- Would you like more time for socialising?
- Do you have interests and hobbies outside of work?
- Would you like to have more FUN in your life?
Sometimes we’re so busy working or getting on with our day-to-day lives that we don’t find time to have fun or we’re too tired at the end of a day’s commuting to think about going out. It’s important to take time out to relax and socialise, to do something different to enable you to distress and recharge your batteries.
What do you enjoy doing but perhaps haven’t done in a while? Whether this is meeting up with friends for a meal, going out to the cinema or theatre. Think about the fun you had when you were younger – even the simple things in life can be fun.
What difference could you make to your Fun Time this week?
- Do something you haven’t done in a while – that’s fun and sociable. Arrange a meal out with friends or invite them round for a social evening. If you’re not in the habit of socialising regularly, find time in each week to meet up with a friend just for a coffee or a meal and a chat.
- Take time out this week to relax and unwind. Find thirty minutes or maybe even an hour at the end of each day to do something just for you. Switch off totally from the outside world – that includes the phone and the TV, sit and listen to some music, read a book, soak in the bath or meditate.
When you are out having fun – allow yourself to totally enjoy what you’re doing and the people you’re with – don’t think about the other things you should be doing and distract yourself from the enjoyment.
Have fun this week.
How balanced is your life - take a look at the Life Balance Wheel.