The research found that eight in 10 working mothers feel they have “already done a day’s work before they even arrive at the office” and more than half of those without children think the same.
Streamline your early morning routine to make life easier on yourself and those around you.
- Have a planner pinned up so you know who's meant to be where when ... and of course check it every day.
- Put things away at the end of the day so you know where to find them the next morning.
- Keep gym kit, dancing kit etc all together, so you're not searching around for it when the children are off to school.
- Order your shopping online - saves hours traipsing round the supermarket aisles.
- Plan your meals - a weekend roast can be made into stew > risotto > pasta meal > soup. You'll also know what you're eating when.
- Batch cook - make enough for more than one meal at a time - freeze the rest for later when you don't have time to cook.
- Get the rest of the family to help out - Mum doesn't have to do everything. Keeping rooms tidy, putting things away, getting dressed - even helping out with household chores.